Office of the Dy. Collector(Revenue)-cum-Sub-Divisional Magistrate (North), Puducherry
- Land Revenue Collections.
- Revenue Recovery.
- Relief to victims of natural calamities.
- Fixation of fair Rent.
- Treasure Trove.
- Eviction of unauthorized occupants.
- Grievance redressal.
- Land grab petitions.
- Sand mining.
- Reports – Status / Verification / Inspection etc.
- Collection of Deficit Stamp duty for document registered with undervalued stamps.
- Preparation & Maintenance of GLR.
- Refunding of unutilized / Spoiled stamp papers.
- Annual Inspection of Cinema theatures and for issue of licences/renewal of licenses.
- Authorized officer under Cable TV Networks Acts & Rules.
- Land Reforms.
- Urban Land Ceiling (ULC) Act.
- Land Acquisition.
- Magistracy / Law & Order.
- SDM Court.
- Fuctions & Powers under Miscellaneous Acts.
The administration of the Sub-Division is headed by the Deputy Collector (Revenue) - North, Puducherry who also acts as the Sub-Divisional Magistrate comprising the jurisdiction of Puducherry Taluk and Oulgaret Taluk; each Taluk under the administrative control of Tahsildar, further classification of Taluk into Firka and Revenue villages are detailed below:
|Sl. No.||Taluk / Sub-Taluk||No. of Firkas||No. of Revenue